MEDICAL ENTERPRISE MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATES, INC. (MEMA)
…..is a Physician Practice Management & Medical Business Development consulting firm located in Tampa — providing services throughout the State of Florida. MEMA offers a range of operational, financial, & business development services to assist and improve the business management and financial performance of physician practices and physician-driven, outpatient facility medical enterprises.
MEMA’s current portfolio of consulting services are intended to address the challenges facing physicians in private practice resulting from:
- healthcare reform and value-based care initiatives at both the federal, state and local levels
- the acquisition and aggregation of private practices by major hospital systems
- the patient services and clinical outcomes accounting and reporting capabilities required at the physician practice level to guide decision-making and adaptability to both declines & increases in patient volumes and revenues and to fulfill the reporting requirements under value-based care
MEMA’s qualifications include:
- Physician Practice Management and Consulting experience since the mid- 1990’s for numerous private practitioners and group practices spanning primary care and a broad range of medical and surgical specialty practices;
- Electronic Health Record (EHR) adoption and implementation consulting experience since 2006 with services provided to numerous primary care practices throughout the State of Florida and to several medical & surgical specialties — and involving several EHR software vendors;
- Successful business development, project management and operational management of several physician-owned Ambulatory Surgery Centers (ASC) throughout the State of Florida from 2003 through 2010;
- Recent Accountable Care Organization (ACO) program development responsibility for a Pediatric Surgical Specialty Hospital System with a nationwide footprint of facilities;
- Recent consulting engagements in Physician Referral Management for hospitals and private practices requiring improvements in referral tracking information systems and improved usage of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software;
- Broad and deep experience providing physician practice management services to a wide-range of primary care, medical and surgical practices –and diversity of office settings, operating environments, business management policies and sophistication of management information systems
- Healthcare management foundational experience– in hospital administration at the CEO level; ancillary services development & management at the COO and VP level; physician provider organization development & managed care contracting at the Director level
MEMA understands healthcare services delivery and, more importantly, the business of healthcare. We have focused on the provision of services to the physician in private practice and have been successful in improving management, financial performance and business planning & development for our physician client base. We are able to roll-up our sleeves and apply the required operational analytics and financial tools for data-driven business analysis, sound decision-making and measurable ROI at the physician practice level. MEMA also possesses the experience, business acumen and professional presence to effectively represent and protect the interests of our physician clients in all business dealings with their constituent organizations and with their peers.